A tastefully refurbished flint holiday cottage sleeping 2-6 guests. Well Cottage has views across the marshes and is in the delightful village of Salthouse. With a good local store, seafood cafe and great pub within walking distance, it is the perfect holiday home for families and couples alike.
The large kitchen area has the benefit of full glass folding doors which lead out on to the garden, making it a perfect summer retreat. In the winter, there’s nothing more relaxing than snuggling up on one of the comfy sofas in front of the wood burner with a glass of wine and good book. With a bedroom and bathroom downstairs, this bolthole has good access for those who may find stairs a challenge.
The upstairs sleeps a further 4 in beautifully furnished bedrooms and features a bathroom with underfloor heating. The cottage is located up a quiet lane away from the main coast road, making it a relaxing and peaceful base to explore this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Shop/pub within walking distance.
All of our cottages have qualified for the ‘Good To Go’ Visit Britain Industry Standard mark.
Well Cottage – Salthouse
Is personally managed by Justine
Beds and bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 King bed
- 2 single bed
(1 bathroom in annexe – 1 WC, 1 shower)
- Garden, courtyard or patio
Beach 0.5 miles
Pub 0.3 miles
Shop 0.3 miles
- Welcome bottle of Prosecco
- Complimentary toiletries
- Ground floor WC and shower
- Ground floor bedroom
- Off street parking
- Bird watching
- Seal trips
- Sea fishing
Grey areas are days which are already booked and unavailable. Allowed start dates are underlined in green.
If you are unable to book your preferred available dates, please don’t hesitate to contact us, we may be still be able to accommodate your request.
COVID-19 Booking Protection
For any new bookings which may be prevented from going ahead due to government regulations for either local or national lockdown can either : –
- receive a full refund for payments made, minus the administration fee of £15
- or be moved to a new date of your choice (subject to availability) within the subsequent 12 months
Kitchen/Diner with comfortable seating area for 6 guests, gas range cooker, dishwasher, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine. Stone floor with underfloor heating. Folding glass doors open directly onto the garden.
Sitting Room with plenty of comfy seating, woodburner, large flat screen TV with Freesat, DVD player, DVDs, games, under floor heating.
Bathroom with a shower, period style WC and basin, heated towel rail.
Bedroom 3 is a twin-bedded room with 2ft 6” beds and a wardrobe.
Bedroom 1 with King sized bed, wardrobe, bedside tables, dressing table and view towards the marshes.
Bedroom 2 with King sized bed, built in wardrobe and bedside tables.
Bathroom with period style bath and shower head over, period style WC and basin, heated towel rail.
Folding doors open directly onto a gravel patio area and the raised large grassed lawn area. The outdoor seating area with large wooden table and six outdoor chairs gives views across the marshes towards the sea. BBQ. Garden airer. Log store.
The garden is enclosed with a gated entrance leading onto a parking area for two cars.
Gas central heating, underfloor heating and woodburner.
- Logs and a starter pack of kindling and firelighters
- Linens, bathroom towels (excludes beach towels) bathmats, tea towels, oven gloves
- Household items such as cleaning materials, toilet rolls, dishwasher tabs
- Complementary toiletries and welcome bottle of Prosecco
- Travel cot and high chair on request (Please bring your own cot bedding)
- Ipod/player, ironing board and iron
- Telephone with honesty box
Arrivals / Departures
- Arrival day is Friday between Easter and end October. Other arrival days can usually be accommodated outside of that period and for late availability bookings. Friday weekend breaks are available from October to mid-March, outside holiday periods, or for late availability.
- Due to the extra cleaning required with Covid-19 and for our guests safety, we have adapted our arrival and departure times: Arrival time: 5.00pm – Departure time: 10.00am
- Non-smoking property
- Well Cottage does not accept dogs
Thank you! We’ve loved staying at Well Cottage, its been a real home from home. This is such a beautiful part of the country and we’ve really made the most of the weather and explored from Holkham to Sheringham – we would definitely recommend this place in such a great location.
Beautiful well-equipped cottage. Beds are so comfy. Lovely brisk walk on the beach. Dun Cow pub a short walk and highly recommended. Cosy fire was an added bonus. A perfect way to spend a weekend!
Thank you, we will be back.
What a wonderful week we have spent here in this comfortable cottage, enjoying the idyllic views. It is very well equipped, and the boys have enjoyed the games, and all of us the DVDs…. Thank you also for the welcome bottle of wine – very thoughtful.
Thank you again. We are already planning our next visit to this lovely cottage.
Our week at Well Cottage was everything we wanted – cosy, comfortable, welcoming and peaceful. With glorious sunshine and lovely long walks, we have enjoyed our stay enormously.